WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
DPAs, All Superintendents, Safety Officers, All Officers
To assist Officers on board ships to understand the role of Safety Officer as well as latest industry requirements in relation to ship safety on-board inspections.
10 Hrs / 2 Days
UK MCA Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seamen
SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, ISM Code, LSA Code, FSS Code (As Amended)
TMSA & TOTS
- Introduction – Rules, Duties and Responsibilities of Safety Officer
- Safety Committee and Requirements
- IMO Conventions (SOLAS – STCW – MARPOL) & Codes (ISM – LSA – FSS – MCA)
- OCIMF TMSA & INTERTANKO TOTS
- Regulatory & Industry Requirements
- Life Saving Appliances / Fire Fighting Systems & Drills
- LSA – FSS Maintenance / Inspections / Tests
- Environmental Protection
- Personal Safety – Injury Prevention – Work Permits – Hot Works
- Petroleum Hazards (Flammability – Oxygen Deficiency – Toxicity)
- Enclosed Space Precautions – Measures for Entry
- Safety Inspections and Audits
- Latest Port State Control Concentrated campaigns
A combination of lecture through PowerPoint presentation, case studies analysis, video presentation and written assessment.
Course delivery in Greek/English while training materials in English.