WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All Deck Officers
To train deck officers on the ship to ship (STS) transfer operation by providing the basic principles and practical exercises with Bridge Simulator.
IMO Resolution MEPC.186(59)
OCIMF – Ship to Ship Transfer Guide for Petroleum, Chemicals and Liquefied Gases
- Introduction – STS Transfer Operation Process
- Requirements for Conducting Ship to Ship Transfer Operation
- STS Plan Main Principles & General/Notification Requirements
- Factors Affecting a STS Operation
- Person in Overall Advisory Control (POAC)
- STS Transfer Area
- Notification to Authorities
- Equipment & Mooring Equipment
- Contingency Planning & Emergency Procedure
- Preparation for STS Operation
- Records of Compliance
- Liability Risks & Incident Prevention
- Risk Assessment of STS Transfer Operation
- Training and Familiarization
- Practical Exercises in Bridge Simulator with various STS situations
A combination of lecture through PowerPoint presentation, practical exercises, written assessment and use of Full Mission Bridge/ECDIS Simulators.
Course delivery in Greek/English while training materials in English.