WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Masters, Deck Officers, Chief Engineers
To train Master, Chief Engineers, Bridge Watch Officers and OOW (Bridge/Engine) on ice navigation in polar waters.
4 Days (Theory & Simulator part)
2 Days (Theory part only)
- STCW (iaw 2010 Manila Amendments), Section B-V/g, Polar Code
- Ice Navigation in Canadian Waters, Canadian Code
- SOLAS and Class/ IACS Rules set
- Ship Design with reference to Ice Navigation & Ice Class for Ships.
- Ice Climatology
- Ice Types & Terminology.
- Interpreting the Ice Charts ; Ice Detection
- Preparation for entering into Ice areas.
- Passage Planning for Ice Navigation & Reporting Procedures
- Icebreaker Assistance
- Ship Handling in Ice Covered Waters
- Pollution prevention
- Emergencies (flooding due to hull breach, firefighting, life saving)
- Personal protection
- Human Factors affecting performance in Ice conditions
- Simulator Exercise in Ice.
A combination of lecture through PowerPoint presentation, case studies analysis, video presentation and written assessment.
Course delivery in Greek/English while training materials in English.
Non STCW Course. Approved by Rina Classification Society & EOPEP
Student Data Register, National ID or Passport (Valid), A colored photograph