WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Masters, Deck Officers, Marine & Technical Superintendents, Managers, DPA’s
Course covers safe cargo handling during loading discharging and transport according to the regulatory framework (IMSBC CODE, BLU CODE & SOLAS XII)
3 Days | 70% Theory, 30% Workshop with bulk cargoes identification (Coal, Iron Ore, Bauxite, Direct Reduced Iron, Grains, Fertilizers) with properties analysis.
IMSBC CODE, BLUCODE, SOLASVII-XII, IMDG CODE, ISM CODE ELEM 7-10, INTERNATIONAL GRAIN CODE
- Existence of IMSBC CODE and proper usage
- Determine safety standards during cargo operations
- Proper handling of ventilation
- Knowledge of ballast operations and structural matters
- Design limitations
- Additional measures to enhance BC safety
- Universal rules re BC
- Enhance survey program
- Monitoring Stevedoring Operations
- Commercial considerations
- Causes of structural damages
Course delivery in Greek/English while training materials in English.
A combination of lecture through PowerPoint presentation and practical exercises.